We represents gaming, entertainment corporations and professional corporations in a variety of gaming, anti-money laundering and corporate matters.
We routinely advise gaming clients and third parties contracting with gaming entities in connection with the following matters:
- The structure of casino and other gaming developments.
- Negotiating agreements for the operation of casinos, hotels, and entertainment facilities.
- Film production licences and agreements for casino-site filming.
- Performance agreements for prominent entertainers.
- Advising on gaming compliance and Criminal Code compliance.
- Complying with anti-money laundering legislation.
- Negotiating and drafting casino and hotel supply contracts.
- Providing advice on Internet gambling matters.
- Advising clients on suitability reviews.
- Drafting gaming compliance programs and risk assessments.
- Defending clients during regulatory disciplinary proceedings.
- Drafting horse-racing and pari-mutuel licence arrangements.
- Obtaining gaming registrations for directors, officers and corporations.
- Advising on casino security, surveillance and privacy matters.
- Preparing corporate policies and procedures.
- Providing advice to public gaming companies on disclosure matters.
- Advising on litigation strategies and defence of class action lawsuits.
Our lawyers have authored numerous papers on gaming law and have taught gaming law courses for the Canadian Institute and other organizations.
- Christine Duhaime taught the course “Gaming Law Fundamentals in Canada” at the Canadian Gaming Conference for the Canadian Institute.
- Christine Duhaime taught the course “Anti-Money Laundering Compliance for Casinos” at the Canadian Gaming Conference for the Canadian Institute.
- Christine Duhaime presented on the Ramifications of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act at a conference for the Centre for Continuing Legal Education.
- Christine Duhaime writes regularly for casino and gaming business publications.